February 18, 2022

Child Dies, Two Hospitalised After Eating Chipsnacks

Spread the love

ZTN Correspondent

A pupil is said to have died after consuming ‘Hello Chips’ at Emakhandeni Primary School in Bulawayo, while two others have been hospitalized.

It is alleged that Zanele Ndlovu, a Grade Four pupil aged nine, and three unnamed classmates consumed a packet of chipsnacks at breaktime. One of the pupils complained that the snack did not taste nice.

Zanele then crushed the snacks and mixed them with Mahewu and consumed the mixture.

She and the other two girls started vomiting soon afterwards, prompting a teacher to seek help.

Zanele and the two girls were rushed to Mpilo Central Hospital while the third girl, who brought the snacks, did not fall ill.

Zanele was pronounced dead on arrival, while the two girls are still admitted to the paediatric ward.

Zimbabwe Republic Police Deputy Press, Public and International Relations Officer for Bulawayo province, Assistant Inspector Nomalanga Msebele confirmed the death in a statement this (Friday) afternoon, adding that investigations are underway.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this:
%d bloggers like this: