Two hundred and eleven doctors have so far been relieved of their duties, after they were found guilty of absconding from duty without leave for at least five days.
These include 77 others who were dismissed on Tuesday.
In a statement this afternoon Health Services Board Chairperson Dr Paulinus Sikhosana said to date 279 docs have so far been served with charge letters and 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted.
Only three doctors appeared in person for the hearings, two of whom had determination to their cases reserved.
Dr Sikhosana said more doctors are expected to appear for hearings.
“The disciplinary hearings continue whereby 516 out 1 601 medical doctors employed in the public sector are expected to appear before the disciplinary tribunal,” he said.
The doctors stopped coming to work more than two months ago, citing what they termed incapacitation.
They want their salaries to be pegged to the prevailing interbank rate as a precondition to return to work.
The Health Services Board took the matter to the Labour Court which ruled against the doctors and ordered them to return to work, but they defied the ruling.