Transform Zimbabwe leader, Jacob Ngarivhume now has to wait for Friday to see if he will be released from remand. Ngarivhume and journalist-cum activist, Hopewell Chin’ono were arrested in July on allegations of inciting public violence.
Magistrate Trynos Utahwashe will on Friday hand down his ruling on Jacob Ngarivhume’s fresh bail application based on changed circumstances.
The defence argued that the Transform Zimbabwe leader had no reason to be denied bail as July 31st had already passed.
“We have just left court after presenting all our arguments and the Magistrate has remanded the case to Friday the 21st of August where he will pass his ruling on our new bail application”, said Moses Nkomo of the Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights.
In court prosecutor Moses Reza had told the magistrate that Job Ngarivhume must not be granted bail alleging that, though the 31st of July has come and gone, there is now a movement which will most likely roll out protests and also argued that President Mnangagwa is still in office, hence bail should be denied.