A cumulative total of 410 diarrhoea cases have been recorded in Bulawayo since the outbreak of the disease earlier this month.
The outbreak comes at a time when the city of Bulawayo ran dry and it is facing acute water shortages. Residents go for weeks on end without water and are now using unsafe water sources.
The city fathers have acknowledged the water challenges exist but are failing to address the problem.
Bulawayo health services director, Dr Edwin Sibanda, told ZTN News that on Tuesday, seven new cases were recorded and on Monday, six new cases were recorded.
During the early days of the outbreak, the city would see over 200 people being treated in just two days.
Dr Sibanda, however, said although the number of new cases recorded seems to be decreasing, it is still too early to say whether the disease outbreak has receded or not.
Director of Epidemiology and Disease Control in the Ministry of Health and Child Care, Dr Portia Manangazira, told ZTN news that she went to Bulawayo to assess the situation on the ground and will give an update on the Ministry’s findings in due course.