Zimpapers Television Network (ZTN)’s programme “Beyond Limits” has won the Most Disability Inclusive award in the visual category at the Finance and Disability Expo and awards ceremony held in Harare on Thursday.
The programme that is co-presented by Ishmael Ndlovu and Mazvita Samuriwo, airs on Wednesday afternoon and discusses topical issues on disability with relevant stakeholders in the disability arena.
Zimpapers won the Most Disability Inclusive Media House Empowering Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) print media category, while Radio Zimbabwe won the radio category.
The expo and awards were hosted by Purple Signs (Pvt) Ltd supported by Grosscare International, in celebration of Global Accessibility Awareness Day, which is held on May 20 for Persons with Disabilities.
The day focuses on bringing awareness on digital access and inclusion for the more than one billion PWDs and impairments. It is marked annually every third Thursday of May and this year marked the 10th anniversary.
The Africa Finance and Disability Expo (Zimbabwe Edition) brings together banks, Persons with Disabilities, microfinance institutions, disability technology companies, finance and mobile financial technology industry regulators and various stakeholders crucial to the financial wellbeing of PWDS.
It is designed to create smart partnerships between PWDs, banks financial industry players and inclusive technology organisations for the benefit of inclusive finance for PWDs in line with the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe’s financial inclusion strategy, and the National Development Strategy (NDS1) to leave no one behind in development towards an upper middle income economy by 2030.
The expo awards ceremony is a platform to honour and recognise excelling finance and banking industry players providing high quality customer service experiences for PWDs in Zimbabwe.
The theme for the expo and awards was “The Banking and Finance We PWDs Want: Key to inclusive financial products/services and customer experience.”
World Bank Country Director Ms Makumi Kariuki, who was represented by Mr Crispen Mawadza and Zimbabwe Women’s Microfinance Bank Chief Executive Officer, Dr Marandas Marikanda, were guests of honour at the event.
Below is the complete list of winners in different categories:
- Financial institution/bank with best braille programme – CABS
- Financial institution/bank with best sign language customer service – CBZ
- Most inclusive savings and checking account –POSB
- Most Disability Friendly Mobile Banking App – Nedbank Zimbabwe
- Most Disability Friendly Mobile Money Wallet – One Money
- Most Disability inclusive chat Bot – Batsi (Steward Bank)
SMEs Driving Financial Inclusion for PWDs
- Most Inclusive Technology SME (Braille) – Grosscare International
- Most Inclusive Technology SME (Sign Language) – Deaf Media Trust
- Most Inclusive Technology SME (Mobility) – Med Awa International
Most Disability Inclusive Retail/Supermarket (Public Spaces) for PWDs
- Most Disability Inclusive Retail/Supermarket (Public Spaces) for PWDs – TM Pick n Pay
Most Disability Inclusive Agri-Business – Techno serve
Most Inclusive Import/Export Partner – Buy Zimbabwe
- Most Inclusive Non-Bank Borrowing – Inclusive Micro Finance
- Most Inclusive Debt/Debt Recovery – Get Bucks
- Most Inclusive Venture Capital Firm – Mangwana Capital
- Most Inclusive College/School Fund for PWDs – Higher Life Foundation
Home Ownership and Mortgages
- Most Inclusive Mortgage Package – ZB Financial Holdings
- Most Accessible Mortgage – NMB Bank Limited
- Most Inclusive Financial Education Drive – Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- Parent Community Programme Teaching PWDs Financial Education – Ruwa Rehabilitation
- Most Inclusive Planning and Budgeting Solutions – No Nominees
- Most Inclusive Intellectual Property Law Firm – Donsa and Nkomo Legal
Medical Aid Funders
- Most Inclusive Medical Aids Package – Premier Service Medical Investments
- Most Inclusive New Entry – Providence Health
- Most Inclusive Retirement Investment Fund – Old Mutual
- Most Inclusive Life Insurance Package – Nyaradzo Funeral Cover
Most Disability Inclusive Media House Empowering PWDs
- Most Inclusive Media House Empowering PWDs (Print) – Zimbabwe Newspapers (Pvt) Ltd
- Most Disability Inclusive Media House Empowering PWDs (Audio) – Radio Zimbabwe
- Most Disability Inclusive Programme (Visual) – Beyond Limits (ZTN)
- Most Inclusive Financial Institution of the Decade (2010-2020) – Central Africa Building
- Most Inclusive Covid-19 Financial Response for PWDs – Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ)