Lloyd Ndemo and Nelson Gwese
A Harare woman, her two-year-old child and maid died after an inferno razed their house while they were asleep. Two other family members escaped with injuries.
It is believed a candle caused the fire which broke out on Saturday morning.
Zimbabwe Republic Police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi told ZTN: “It’s very sad that three family members died while two were injured in Msasa Park when their house caught fire on Saturday morning.”
Asst Comm Nyathi added, “We encourage people to make sure that all sources of power are switched off after use all the time.”
According to witnesses the fire broke out at about 2am.
ZTN got to the house as forensics experts were conducting investigations.